To be eligible for an EBMT award, an applicant must:
- Be a national of a Caribbean Commonwealth country, or have at least one parent who is a Caribbean Commonwealth national.
- Have gained admission to college/university at the undergraduate level in the Caribbean or Canada, and be either:
- a high school graduate of no more than 2 years, or
- a post-secondary student who has attended college/university at the undergraduate level within the last 2 years, and who has no previous degree/diploma.
- Demonstrate need, by means of a budget, for financial assistance to undertake undergraduate studies during the current year at an identified school in the Caribbean or Canada.
- Achieve a minimum average of 75% for the most recently completed year of study, as reported by the institution. If percentage grades are not used by the institution, a reported “B” average grade or 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) will be acceptable.